The Wiltshire village of Seend lies on and around a hog's back ridge in the triangle formed by Melksham, Devizes and Trowbridge. Seend today has a population of just over 1,000, only a little larger than in 1801, when reliable records of population began. The inhabitants live in five more or less separate clusters, derived from distinct medieval settlements:
The Street - lying along the top of the ridge, and containing the Church, the School, the Post Office and most of the bigger houses
Sells Green and Martinslade - at the eastern end of the northern valley
Seend Cleeve - on the western extension of the ridge
The Stocks - half-way down the road leading towards Trowbridge
Seend Head - where the ridge forms a sort of promontory at the south-western end of the parish. The buildings scattered along the southern valley are the remains of a sixth cluster, known as Inmarsh (originally Henmarsh).
Taken from Seend, A Wiltshire Village Past and Present by Edward Bradby
To the official website of Seend Parish Council.
This site is maintained by the Parish Council, to enable it to communicate with parish residents, containing details of Parish Council meeting dates, minutes, planning applications and information about the Councillors.