Wiltshire Council Services
All Wiltshire Council Services have been subjected to major changes following its need to adapt to the COVID19 pandemic and the need to create a safe environment and social distancing measures to ensure the public's safety. Please see the details below.
RECYCLING CENTRES - Booking System
All visitors to a Wiltshire HRC must pre-book a slot to visit beforehand. You will be turned away if you arrive without a booking.
There are around 10,000 slots each week across the 10 sites and new slots are added frequently throughout each day
- There is a 15-minute time slot for a Car/Small Van booking. Please ensure that you can unload your vehicle within this time.
- Visits are for those people living in the Wiltshire Council area only.
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms and those in self-isolating households must not visit.
- Bookings must be for essential visits only.
- One person per vehicle can use the site unless helping to unload a heavy or large item.
- Social distancing at 2 metres will be strictly enforced.
- Vehicles weighing 3.5t, or trailers under 3m can book a specific slot. Please ensure you have a valid permit and this is visible to the site staff.
- Vehicles over 3.5t, trailers over 3m, horse box trailers, and vans, pick-ups or flatbed vehicles towing a trailer of any size are not permitted on site.
- The waste you bring to the site must be from your household only. It is illegal to take commercial waste to the HRC.
- If you are unable to attend at the time you have booked you must cancel your booking.
What to expect when you visit the site
- Please visit at the time you have booked and do not arrive beforehand.
- The registration number of the vehicle visiting the site must be the same as the one stated when you book.
- Make sure that you bring your proof of Wiltshire address (a driving licence, council tax bill or utility bill - a printed or electronic version is fine).
- Only bring to site what you can safely unload yourself. Site staff need to social distance so cannot help you to unload your waste and recycling.
- Wash your hands before you leave home and after your visit.
- Please be respectful to site staff and traffic marshals. They are key workers who are working to keep you safe during your visit.
- Once you have submitted your booking you will be directed to a booking confirmation page. Please read this carefully and note the time, date and location of your booking. You will receive a confirmation email.
New slots are added frequently during each day from 10am for dates five days in advance. If there are no slots available the date will be greyed out. If you cannot see any available slots, please check back later or try another recycling centre. Slots are only released for days when the site is open, and all sites are closed for at least one day per week. All sites are open Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
LIBRARIES – Following recent announcements by the Government, while we plan for further reopening, we will continue to operate the Order and Collect services in the following libraries: Aldbourne, Amesbury, Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Corsham, Cricklade, Devizes, Downton, Malmesbury, Marlborough, Melksham, Mere, Pewsey, Royal Wootton Bassett, Salisbury, Trowbridge, Warminster, Westbury and Wilton. Please be aware it’s currently not possible to drop-in and browse at these libraries.
All of the above libraries, except Aldbourne, are also offering bookable computers for essential use. Libraries are permitted, by a government exemption, to offer access to public computers for essential use if you can't otherwise access a computer or the internet. Essential needs can include job applications, benefit applications, accessing public services, financial information, online banking, for educational purposes, to keep in touch with family members or to support mental health.
Please use your local, nearest library to reduce unnecessary travel. Safety remains our priority and you will be asked to wear a face covering and use hand sanitiser before using a computer.
MOBILE LIBRARIES – These have currently been suspended due to the COVID19 restrictions.
Under normal circumstances these would usually visit the Parish twice monthly on a Monday in Seend by The Lye and in Seend Cleeve by the Pelch junction. As soon as services are resumed, the dates will appear here.